High Street Solicitors are resolutely devoted to delivering our services to the highest possible standard, without putting the health and wellbeing of our colleagues, clients or suppliers and stakeholders at risk. At a time when uncertainty is growing over the pandemic of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are acutely aware of the need of engaging with our clients to create a guarantee that the right procedures are in place to ensure the safe continuance of the business.
We have a business continuity policy in place which plans for a variety of potential business continuity incidents, including the impact of pandemic illness. The policy is being frequently assessed to ensure it is fully up to date. Although there are a relatively small number of cases of Coronavirus confirmed in the UK, there is no current impact to our employees or the services that we provide. We are, however, carefully monitoring developments should we need to activate our Business Continuity Plan.
The business is currently:
· Under the oversight of our Managing Director and Directors we are undertaking daily monitoring of the advice and guidance issued by the Department of Health and Social Care, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation;
· We are reducing any non-essential travel between our office location and external suppliers and clients;
· We are undertaking internal monitoring of absence levels in line with typical measures at this time of year;
· We are sending regular internal communications to provide updates to our workforce
· We are sending external communications to all our clients and external suppliers;
· We have adapted our appointment correspondence to clients to advise them to avoid attending our offices if they have been advised to self-isolate
In addition to the above, we are ready to put in place appropriate and precautionary measures should it be necessary.
· Activation of part or all of our Business Continuity plan for a particular department or whole work force, which could include requesting employees work from home to in an attempt to continue our commitment to service levels for our clients;
· Engagement with external suppliers over their readiness for dealing with a Coronavirus pandemic
We will of course continue to watch carefully for new developments as the situation unfolds and adapt our policies accordingly. However, if you have any immediate questions or require any further information; please direct these requests to your File Handler in the first instance who will aim to respond to you within a 48 hour period.