Our client lived in a terrace house which she rented from Vivid Homes Housing Association.
Due to ignored please for repairs of within the property, our client instructed ourselves to act on her behalf to pursue legal proceedings to hopefully have the matter resolved so she can enjoy her home again.
The disrepair in the property consisted of:
- First floor landing had two misted glazing panels with water staining to the ceiling.
- Water escaping from shower tray affecting chipboard floor sheets and supporting timbers and also affecting the wall tiling in the bathroom, with the extractor fan was also not working.
- In the 2nd bedroom the window did not open with mould growth on the rear wall.
- In the 1st bedroom there was mould on the wall.
- The radiator in the dining room did not have a thermostatic control.
- The living room smelt of mould and had high humidity readings upon our surveys.
- The kitchen had water damage on the ceiling from the shower with a small amount of black spot mould on the rear window, there was no radiator or other form of heating in the room.
- There were mice droppings in the bathroom.
All of the above resulted in our client valid for a housing disrepair claim against her housing association.
We agree that no one should be living in such conditions in the 21st Century. We acted fast and the defendant agreed to bring the property up to the legal standards. We also secured a sum of £2,500.00 for our client for the inconvenience caused as a result of the disrepair ridden home.