Our client rented from Croydon Council, she rented a semi detached property. However, disrepair issues arose and the quality of her home diminished due to this.
This also affected our clients enjoyment of her home; which made her feel let down by her local Council.
The disrepairs consisted of:
- Timber decay to the entrance door with unfixed tiles from the substrate causing potential hazard.
- Draughts coming from windows in the living room.
- Timber decay to kitchen door with ill fitted frame.
- Loose wall tiles in the bathroom. Faulty WC. (as image shows)
- Unsecure downpipe in the garden.
- Cracked GWPP fan light at street entrance door.
Upon our instructions we pursued the housing disrepair claim for our client, highlighting the areas of disrepair and the legal requirements to bring the property up to the correct standards.
Following our talks with the defendant, works were underway for the repairs and our client was awarded a sum of £2,045.96 for the inconvenience caused.