Recovery of Care Home Fees

Recovering care home fees assesses the total cost of wrongly paid care home fees. The recovery is determined on whether the NHS should have covered the costs for these fees in the first instance.

If an individual was or is in the care of a care home due to mental or physical health requirements; the cost of their care should be covered by the NHS Continuing Healthcare funding scheme, regardless of the individuals net worth or personal savings – depending upon the circumstances.

Currently the Department of Health national guidelines on who qualifies are subject to interpretation by individual NHS trusts; which can be seen to be an unfair and subjective system.

Nearly half a million people live in care home across the United Kingdom. There are over 18,000 care homes currently in the UK, 70% of which are residential care homes while the remaining 30% being nursing homes. Approximately 85% of care home residents live in residential settings in England (2021). Source: here

There are many individuals/relatives/power of attorney that will wrongly be paying for care home fees and will be due a refund. There are instances were fees are being paid that should have been funded by the NHS. Even if the individual in question is no longer alive, these fees can still be reclaimed. If you are making the assessment or claim on behalf of someone who lacks capacity, you will need to be appointed as their Attorney or Deputy. If the person has capacity, they will need to ask for the assessment themselves.

You can only claim fees going back to 31st March 2012, unless you have already lodged a claim with the CCG before this date. (CCG – Clinical Commissioning Group). If you are making the assessment or claim on behalf of someone who lacks capacity, you will need to be appointed as their Attorney or Deputy. Claim values can be up to £40,000.00 in some circumstances.

Reasons For Claiming - NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding Decision

The decision made about you or a loved one and whether they meet the criteria. The decision is often open to interpretation and could be wrong.

Reasons For Claiming - Nursing Care Fees

Claim eligibility funding for the individuals health and care needs; which had not been provided by social services or provided full NHS funding.

How much does it cost?

We work on a NO win No fee basis. This means you only pay us if we win your case for you. There is no upfront or hidden costs, we are transparent with our process and pricing.

Our Simple Claims Process

Get in Touch
There are many ways you can get in touch with us to start your claim. You can call us, email us, or send us a message via our website.
Review Your Claim
Our expert team of solicitors will review your case and let you know if you have a claim.
Start Claim Process
We will then start acting on your behalf and send a letter of claim to the defendant to start the legal process.
Wait for Your Outcome
We will keep you informed on the progress of your claim and if successful let you know.

Recovery Of Care Home Fees

Complete the form today to find out if you have a viable claim and if High Street Solicitors can help you, alternatively feel free to contact us on 0151 243 6700.

    We will contact you as soon as possible